View Single Post
Old 03-23-2019, 09:02 PM   #3
thesmokeshow
Minors (Double A)

Like most rebuilds, you have to make sure you draft well and sign one or two of the top international prospects on July 2nd. Also when free agency comes, try to sign some top tier international talent because it doesn’t cost you any draft picks for compensation.

I would say focus on that for the 1st 2-3 seasons and you’ll have one of the top farm systems. And then you can use those assets to mix into your pro team as they get ready for the MLB and trade a couple of them for good young MLB players with team control left. Unfortunately, the Marlins do not have a lot of good veterans to trade for prospects to expedite this process. That is what makes it more challenging than some other rebuilds. But if you draft well and sign the right international guys, you should still be able to make it work.

Obviously you’ll have to pay attention to your Owners goals so you don’t get fired. But the Marlins shouldn’t have really lofty goals for winning. Just make sure you hit as many as you can. Usually by Year 3 or 4 you should be in position to challenge for a playoff spot. And also by Year 3 or 4, you can start considering signing some star free agents. You should have some cap space, if you just simply focus on prospects and young international players for the first few years.

You could possibly get a few solid prospects for Steckenrider, Castro, Anderson and Trevor Richards. I’d also try to trade Brinson for a good prospect but I’d keep Victor Victor Mesa.

Last edited by thesmokeshow; 03-23-2019 at 09:05 PM.
thesmokeshow is offline   Reply With Quote