Thread: Exit Velocity?
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 10:50 AM   #10
x McLovin x
Minors (Double A)

Grumpy get-off-my-lawners notwithstanding, I am super excited about the inclusion of anything exit velocity-related in the game.

I would be ECSTATIC if this was included in the leaderboards and if it was an additional variable I could consider for player acquisitions. Is this a possibility or is it planned to be included in future patches?

Also, on a related note, I would also love launch angle to be something I can track for my players and to be included as a leaderboard statistic. For example, I would love to be able to filter for average launch angles in between, say, 10 and 25 degrees. My single biggest OOTP dream would actually be to apply 2 filters simultaneously - one for average launch angle between 10 and 25 degrees, and another for average exit velocity over 90 MPH.

This has me thinking - say, in this theoretical OOTP world where exit velocities and launch angles are tracked, you have a player that has high exit velocities but a low launch angle that results in high ground ball rates. Can/would the coaching system ever get advanced to the point where you can influence the hitter's tendencies? If you can coax a higher launch angle out of that player, that will yield a more productive batted-ball profile.

Last edited by x McLovin x; 03-22-2019 at 10:56 AM.
x McLovin x is offline   Reply With Quote