View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 01:08 PM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by losbravos View Post
How does that make sense to start off current ratings with Soto as a comparable player to Mike Trout, but then Acuña is comparable to Billy McKinney in current ratings?

I'll admit I'm biased, but can someone tell me what I am missing to start two players, who had almost identical statistical seasons last year, off at such an extremely different level for this upcoming season?
Well, we're using the ZIPS projections as the base here, not the past season's performance, as with all the ratings, and ZIPS is extremely high on Soto.

Which seems not unreasonable, given that what he did at his age last year is nearly unprecedented.

We were a bit shocked when we saw them and checked them over, but they checked out.

Acuna is not really particularly comparable to McKinney though, when you take the overall picture into account. He's actually at least somewhat better at literally everything and significantly better at some things when you look at the raw ratings. Plus he has more potential to grow still.

But overall, it's probably a case of ZIPS being a bit high on Soto and McKinney and a bit low on Acuna, for whatever reason. We do smooth out some of the rough spots with ZIPS, so we can take a look here, but at first glance, all I really see that's likely off is that McKinney might be a touch too highly rated.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote