View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 05:25 PM   #26
Clavette
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysthebestcop View Post
10 day DL is a rule change for 2020 its going back to 15.

But the stats and evidence point to the LOOGY demise that's why the 3 batter min is pointless. The amount of relievers used is going up on the same line as strikeout increased.

With teams carrying 13 pitchers (ootp trend?) they only need 5-6 innings from a starter. Then its a bunch of 1 inning pitchers who can pitch 4-5 out of 7 days.

So not sure what this 3 batter minimum is suppose to fix. Time? what does it shave off 15 minutes of game time? Makes no sense.If they want to shave off time just make ever ump wired to each other and to a film booth and all have smart devices tablets bluetooth . Have drones and sensors everywhere. Cleats, uniforms, hats, bats, balls, bases, foul poles and gloves.

No more arguing. Instant results for everything. Just go full tech. I bet you could shave off 30-45 minutes.

I don't really think they need to shave off time or even worry about it. MLB brain trust thinks length of games is messing with their bottom dollar. It's not game length. Its that there isn't 1 player besides Harper who has any personality in all of the MLB.

If Harper would have signed anywhere else besides the rabid fan base of Philly no way his Jersey goes to #1 of all time beating Lebron. And sold something like 10 million dollars in tickets in 2 or 3 days. Is starting to be covered by more media then just baseball writers too.

Besides baseball media no one covers baseball players. Every type of media covers the NFL and NBA players. Grandmothers know who Lebron, Steph Curry and Tom Brady are.If you don't have die hard baseball fans they couldn't name the top 5-10 players. Or maybe even name 5-10 players not playing for their home team.
They are trying to keep the games moving along and yes 15 minutes is a big deal in the MLBs mind. Millenials cant keep their attention on anything more than a few minutes and MLB is trying their best to attract new younger fans.

Also I believe one change was for shorter commercial breaks
Clavette is offline   Reply With Quote