Thread: Online Leagues?
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 08:31 AM   #74
Ben E Lou
Front Office Football Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Harsh, but likely true, from a purely sales/numbers perspective. Here's the thing though - people can't look at it like OOTPD is TRYING to get rid of/replace the MP community. That's simply not the case. I can guarantee all the devs want MP in the game and I can also almost guarantee it will be in the game at some point, whether that's initial release, a future patch or a future version.
Bingo, and fwiw, I wasn't trying to be harsh, just factual. I'm part of that community, and I do want MP for myself. I mean, I have faith in Jim/Andreas/Chris/Markus/etc., but I don't expect they'll hit the Holy Grail of AI Awesomeness that causes me to cut back or drop MP in this release, either, so I'm probably gonna want to stick around in MP.

You also make an excellent point in highlighting that we're not talking about a case of "OOTP and Solecismic don't want to do that" but instead a case of...
Quote:
what good is the addition of MP if the game is buggy or unstable?
They've promised a game in 2018, and they don't have unlimited resources. If it doesn't happen in 9.0, my strong assumption would be that it's simply because they didn't have time to add it *and* get the nuts and bolts right.

Last edited by Ben E Lou; 09-18-2018 at 08:46 AM.