View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 05:08 PM   #16
Ambermonk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonin View Post
I absolutely agree. I want a solid text-based management sim, not arcade football.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul.m.w. View Post
Yes !
I don't believe that the two of you understand what you are seeing. The graphics that I displayed are from a football management text-based game, and have nothing, and I repeat, nothing to do with arcade football.

Just because a game is a football simulation, doesn't preclude it from having a reasonable graphics package in addition to the text-based simulation. The two can exist very harmoniously together. The two elements are not, repeat not, mutually exclusive.

I agree with you that the graphics package is not necessarily the highest priority, but at some point it would by wise to include it. I believe that a football simulation (not arcade) with good graphics will sell better than a football simulation (not arcade) with minimal graphics. Stardock is in business to make money. Including a decent graphics package at some point should improve sales to the mass market and make them more money, without sacrificing any of the text-based simulation.

Again, graphics & football simulation (not arcade) are not mutually exclusive. Good-looking games sell better than text-only games. There is no law that football simulations (not arcade) cannot have decent graphics as well.

A decent graphics package doesn't have to be in the very first release, but the sooner it is included, the sooner the profit margin will increase.