Thread: Cfl?
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 03:11 AM   #30
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwalk View Post
How would I be mistaken that those who would want or care if CFL is in the game are in the extreme minority?

Do you have any statistics to back this up? Have there been countless threads asking for a CFL simulator? Is there not a reason why no CFL game in any capacity has ever been made before? (because a minority of global football fans would care about it, I would suggest)

For starters, the people who would want CFL would have to be Canadian to start.. that's already a minority of OOTP Dev's customer base on its own. I don't believe there is a large contingent of CFL fans outside our country.

Lots and lots of people from many different countries aside from the USA care about and follow the NFL. The same cannot be said for the CFL.

I never said anything was "wrong" with his post. He is fine to express disappointment, but to me it seems naive to have thought the CFL would have been included in the first place, in a first version.

I called it over dramatic because of some of the exaggerated language he used to describe the impact Canadian football has had in our country.

Of course he's entitled to his opinion, but I just find it a bit rude to, in the wake of a big new announcement, say a product is incomplete because it doesn't feature a league that the majority of the game's fanbase won't care about.
I wasn't around back then, but I'm sure if you grew up am Eskies, Argos, or Als fan in the 70's amd 80's you'll have a much different view of the CFL. Some of the best moments in Canadian sporting history took place in the CFL.