Thread: Cfl?
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 09:32 PM   #23
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwalk View Post
No it won't be. It's an American football simulator, not an "all world" football simulator. I ragged on a guy earlier for saying he wanted to see some obscure second-tier leagues in the game in the first version and no offence but I think it's the same case here.

Listen, I'm Canadian and a fan of the CFL as well, but I think you are being way over dramatic about this. I would imagine the number of people like yourself who feel strongly enough about the CFL's inclusion to consider the game incomplete otherwise would be an extreme, extreme minority.

It might be something important to you and important that you want to see, but that doesn't mean it's a good business decision for the developers of this game to put tons of time and effort into including it in the first version.
Talk about being over dramatic. He said nothing about good or bad business decisions. He expressed his feelings about the game, and nothing more. He's disappointed that the CFL won't be in the game. I happen to agree with him. If you think those wanting the CFL are an extreme, extreme minority, you're mistaken.

There are plenty of people who still feel OOTP is incomplete because it doesn't have full scale 3D graphics. There's plenty who still feel OOTP is incomplete because it doesn't have independent minors, or NRI for ST. The list goes on. Every new release there are people disappointed that certain things aren't in the game, and they express that disappointment. Are they being "over dramatic" too? Hardly.

There's nothing wrong with his post, or the way he expressed his disappointment. And he's certainly not being over dramatic. Developers will never know what users want in a product if they don't express it.

And aside from my disappointment, I understand the decision not to include it, and will happily wait for it to be added. I will also continue to express my disappointment until it is in the game.

Last edited by Bluenoser; 01-31-2014 at 09:44 PM.