View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 08:02 PM   #1
StickWillett
Minors (Single A)

Talking Beyond the Sideline Football go beyond SOM FB and DKS FB!

You already offer a different and more complete baseball simulation game than PC SOM BB and DKS BB that makes it a must for we strategy and we replay simulation sports addicts to have in our collection and from the looks of this Forum you have a lot of interested followers for your new football game you are planning. If you want to put yourself out there where none of the others are doing or intending to do is to expand in the area of visual graphics for the actual action of the game itself! OOTP BB 15 seems to be heading in that direction finally and I look forward to seeing the graphic improvements for 15 and later 16. Please have more than just little boxes with player numbers moving about, or more than just a football symbol moving about the field during a play. The more the graphics the better to keep one interested and not bored and not to have us to just be an "Evelyn Wood speed-reader graduate" to enjoy and play this game.

One of the first PC football games that I first bought and played on my first PC (Commodore 64...yes I'm that old!) by Avalon Hill's called Super Bowl Sunday. As simple as its graphics were for those times of early PCs they integrated little video clips along with the action results of the plays that out did any other game on the market at that time...but it worked and it gave you the feel of an actual football game and it was stat based too! The first Madden FB came out after that eventually. Stat-based PC game companies have spent a lot of their time and design on improving on the realistic results for recreating/simulating the results of the game and making it work for playing on the INTERNET and creating an "AI" for all to challenge and I believe it has been achieved! Now we can start improving on the graphics of these games that we so need to complete the visual re-creation of these great games.

Console gaming achieves visual graphics but they are designed for those who can out do the other opponent via how fast they can operate a multi-buttoned joystick with less emphasis on recreating the true aspects of the strategy of the games and season etc. The console gaming companies stopped making their games for the PC. One of the main issues was because it was a money issue for them. The PC market was smaller but also more demanding in the area of team stats, realism and simulation but also a headache for the company to deal with the variety of PC machines used by the consumer. They could make more money and faster by just putting out yearly games with more graphics with more "end zone TD dances" with very little improvements from the previous year's game which often had problems that needed patches that never came!

I believe OOTP can stay true to its system and take more steps into an area where there is a void and a need for a company to go there and that's into the area of improving on more in-game graphics. We are not asking for "end zone TD dances" we just want better player icon movements and for for all the players on the field at one time, showing blocks, runs, throws and catches etc. and of course sound files to go along with it! We know it can be done and can be playable. You will find there is a bigger interest for that kind of stuff in a strat-based sports simulation PC game than you think. Reading text describing action all the time gets a bit tedious if that's all we get while watching the game unfold!

Last edited by StickWillett; 01-31-2014 at 08:25 PM.