View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 09:25 AM   #51
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Cole View Post
Q: Will teams have their own playbooks?
A: No. All teams will operate from the same playbook, but their play-calling will be based on their roster strengths as well as what their coaches prefer. For example, teams that are pass-heavy in real life will do the same thing in the game because they will have highly rated QBs as well as coaches who prefer aerial assaults. (And just like in real life, when a new coach takes over, the team's approach will likely change.)
Will it be possible to eventually have each team to have a separate playbook? Especially if you add playable college leagues.

Quote:
You can create your own leagues. However they can't have different rules yet. Due to the way the engine is (which is entirely different to the OOTP engine), it's not as simple just to change the rules in the game engine (unfortunately).
If we can't have custom rules (and it doesn't seem like that is ever going to be as possible as in OOTP by your wording), would it at least be possible to have different hard-coded rules sets? The obvious ones would be CFL, Arena League, College and NFL Europa. I have a PDF of custom rules ideas somewhere, which I'm happy to post.

Quote:
Yes the generator creates automatically schedules the league, and the plan is currently to have schedule importing like OOTP.
Cool. Custom schedule lengths is a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
It'll be expanded from version to version, yes. But our primary focus for V1 is to get the NFL 100% right, and then go from there...
That certainly makes sense, but as I said in the FHM beta period, the worry for me is that by doing it in way which is not initially customizable it might make it harder to add customization later.