View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 04:27 PM   #13
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Frogs have landed in P406, AC East division this week.

Lo and behold, not a single whale in said division. It's a little odd looking around and seeing a total lack of 100 Cy Young, 100 Roger Clemens, 100 Ed Walsh, 100 Pedro Martinez, etc. I have 100 Christy Mathewson and another team has Tim Keefe, but otherwise no top echelon pitchers of note. In fact, I count zero whales in the AC of P406 so the Frogs should be in the hunt this week. Maybe even for best record.

The NC, on the other hand, looks very tough. The East includes both the Saint Paul Fighting Saints and the Malibu Waverunners fighting for the division. The Central will likely come down to the Battery Park City Tamps or the Chicago Cubbies. The wild card will be tough sledding over there.

The Frogs won 99 games last week and exited in wild card play, but it never felt like a completed project. 100 Christy Mathewson, 95 Satchel Paige, 100 Mike Trout, 96 Zack Greinke (Royals), and SE Mark Belanger were all added in midstream so most only got about 2/3 of a season. Or just a quarter of one in Greinke's case. They'll all be there from the get go in 2040. Other new faces: SE Lenny Dykstra, SE Rickey Henderson, 93 Garland Braxton, 96 Koji Uehara, and 96 Buster Posey. It almost feels like an entirely new team. I felt like the ruler of Swamp Castle from Monty Python for a while with how I'd purchase a Uehara, find out it had stats, and sank into the swamp--but the fourth one stayed up! And that's what you'll be getting lad...Anyhow finally got a mint Uehara. Wasn't as lucky with PEAK Mike Mussina, Willie Keeler, SE Luke Appling--all of which are being returned (or have already been returned) to the AH.

It should be an interesting week with all the new mission cards making their debuts. Good luck to all.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote