View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 11:00 PM   #6
gemini615
All Star Reserve

Since I originally posted this, I've played through 4 seasons without trading and I'm still enjoying it. There's definitely an extra challenge not being able to instantly make a trade when one of my outfielders forgets how to field or loses his batting ratings, but I kind of enjoy that extra challenge. I'd say the biggest adjustment for me is not being able to wheel and deal draft picks. I also put a premium on the handful of International free agents that show up in the offseason. Unlike most of the normal free agents who will cause me to lose draft picks, the international guys only cost money so I prioritize them if they have solid ratings.
To be fair though, having only simmed 4 seasons probably isn't a big enough sample size to see how playing without trading truly will affect my game. I think 10 years is probably a better sample size to see if my major league roster ends up full of overpriced veterans and has-been's. 10 years will also tell me how well my drafting has gone. Will my minors be full of 1 star filler players and flame outs, or will it be stocked?
I'm going to happily keep playing to find out.
gemini615 is offline   Reply With Quote