View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 07:46 PM   #2
Corsairs
Hall Of Famer

I wanted to add encouragement for those of you reading this interview to explore Ron's work through his website Typosphere. Those of you who have been reading posts from and using the development modifiers of "RonCo" (the name Ron goes by here on the OOTP forums) already know what a bright guy he is. He also happens to be a fantastically talented writer of science fiction. When Ron joined the PEBA, it inspired me to pick up his collection of short stories, Picasso's Cat & Other Stories: The Collected Science Fiction of Ron Collins. I found myself fully engrossed in these tales, and I cannot recommend this collection enough.

There are many talented writers working hard in outside of the mainstream spotlight who undoubtedly deserve greater attention. We value the entertainment, the thought- and emotion-provoking stories that great writers provide. Supporting the efforts of emerging authors is so important if we want to continue to enjoy great literature. Here's an opportunity to support not only a talented writer but someone whose contributions have bettered OOTP throughout the years. I can't think of anyone more deserving.

Many of Ron's stories are available for little-to-no cost through Smashwords. Browse through his bibliography and I'm sure you'll find something that catches your eye. Give it a shot, and let us know what you think here in the forums! If you like what you read, pass the word along to friends and family. You can feel good knowing that you've done your part to help an author get noticed.
Corsairs is offline   Reply With Quote