View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 09:12 PM   #59
SittingDuck
All Star Starter

Well, I've been busting this concept in the beta forum ad nauseum, but the game currently creates pitchers, IMO, incorrectly. That is, the pitcher's endurance is figured according to his first season IP, and not according to some type of average of IP/G/GS. Very irritating. This is because the game creates the pitcher to perform only as he did for the upcoming season. There are loads of problems with this, even for recalc (eg., DL'd for entire season IRL, so he gets totally hacked ratings - yuck).

This is less of an issue if a league is based on recalc. However, for those of us using non-recalc it is crippling in the sense that pitchers rarely import with any semblance of who they could be in the future. Way too many pitchers import as closers and low-level relievers. This is because IRL they played their intro mlb season as a reliever and logged but so many innings, or only started a few games.

Thus, non-recalc and Gambo don't currently work. I am really trying to get Markus to get the game to refigure the END for a pitcher, but somehow don't see this occuring. It's too bad, because I think the Gambo DB is totally superior, and I really think a non-recalc historical league based on Gambo would be the ultimate historical.

Basically I told them that pitcher endurance - since it really is the prime pitcher rating - needs to be given a hidden pitcher potential rating that is based on the pitcher's career average of the aforementioned stats - IP/G/GS. Again, I don't think anything will happen, but I had to push it out there.

Thus, for me I have to use the Lahman db as it is the only one that will properly import END ratings, or much closer. I actually hate the concept, but what can you do?
SittingDuck is offline   Reply With Quote