View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 01:06 PM   #9
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_G View Post
So I'm thinking right at the start of the off-season I'll expand. Any tips on dealing with new minor league teams and schedules? And does the game auto-populate minors and coaching staffs? because that's annoying.
This is one area that needs some attention, maybe a complete overhaul of the wizard. I (and multiple others) have posted in the beta forums their ideas over the last few versions and the Devs are willing to look at this when they can (hoping soon!!).

To answer your questions first, no it does not create fictional players in the minors, but it does generate fictional coaching staffs for each of the new teams (including the major league team). I usually go in as commish and edit the coaches and make them free agents instead of firing them to avoid possibility of taking the hit on their salary.

Let me preface I am anal with history and even locations of teams (even though the game does not care about locations of minor league teams)...anyway, what I do is right after I expand my league is I go in and delete all the newly created minor league teams. I then go through each level (AAA, AA, A+, etc...) and sometime end up shuffling teams around. Example....I expanded into Charlotte....so I added a new AAA team to the IL and have it in Orlando and affiliate them to Tampa. I then go in and manually move all the players and coaches from Durham to Orlando and then change the affiliation of Durham to the new Charlotte expansion team. I then do this for each level for the new expansion teams until I have the desired teams where I want them and affiliated with who I want them with. Once that is done, go to the League Structure tab for each minor league and then hit the Generate Schedule button and that will ensure that once the new season starts, the new minor league teams added to accommodate the expansion teams will be on the schedule....I don't know how many times I have forgot to do this in past versions and there was that one minor league team that did not have a schedule generated and I did not notice it until their season was already well under way.

I am sure there are some people that will say this is too much work, but like I said I am anal and I kind of enjoy doing this setup, even if it takes a couple of days to get things set up how I want it....I figure that if this save becomes a long term save, then the few hours I spent setting this up the way I wanted is well worth it and in the long run did not really cost me that much time.

Last edited by ohiodevil; 06-25-2019 at 01:09 PM.
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote