View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 01:10 PM   #1
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Implementing new 26 active 28 expanded rules, consequences?

This may be a kind of rambling post as I'm having a lot of thoughts running through my mind

Just ended my season and intend to put in the new rules for rosters, IL, and waiver trades. Then I started to think about possible consequences and how OOTP will handle them. I would guess many have done this and would be able to comment?

I thought about making the change at start of preseason. My thinking is this is a clean change as a new season starts but.... On the day the switch is made my league is using a 40 man active roster. So, for the active roster to be reduced to 28 will players have to pass through waivers or use options in January?

Maybe the best time to make the 40 to 28 change is during ST? This could avoid players, possibly, having to use options\waivers twice in the same season, IE once at start of preseason when rule is changed and again when they go to ST and are sent down? Or if waivers\options were used in January would the "already used option this year" flag be set and stop a ST double dip?

Then I wonder how does going to 28 man active affect the 40 man and spring training? Old rule is 40 man is the active roster and all players go to ST with options in play for those that need to be sent down. Will OOTP still use, in effect, the 40 man as an active roster for ST, IE calling up all players and requiring options or waivers as before?

Interested on what others have done, how they did it, and the results.
Thanks.
Sweed is online now   Reply With Quote