Old 04-05-2019, 05:09 PM   #50
so49as
Major Leagues

Game 61 – June 17th
12 – Minnesota
7 – Royals

WP – John Butcher (2-9)
LP – Bret Saberhagen (6-6)

This one was pretty much lost in the 1st. Saberhagen let the first 5 Twins batters reach base and score. LaCoss pitched a nice 4 1/3 innings of relief giving up no runs.

The offense wasn't a total loss. We plugged away here and there but couldn't flip the score. Balboni hit his 15th.

Game 62 – June 18th
1 – Minnesota
4 – Royals

WP – Charlie Leibrandt (7-6)
LP – Pete Filson (1-2)
SV – Dan Quisenberry (11)

Quiet until the 7th when we strung together a few hits. Orta singled in 1 and Sheridan doubled in 2. Wilson was the only Royal to not get a hit. Leibrandt allowed 4 hits and no walks in 8 innings.

Game 63 – June 19th
6 – Minnesota
5 – Royals

WP – Ron Davis (2-2)
LP – Dan Quisenberry (1-3)
SV – Rick Lysander (1)

Traded the lead back and forth and went into the 9th down a run. Biancalana walked and Greg Pryor singled; then Biancalana scored on a Dave Collins single to send us to extra innings.

Quisenberry came out for his second inning in the 10th, but allowed a leadoff home run to Roy Smalley. Wathan, Orta, and Sundberg all went quietly in the 10th.

Game 64 – June 20th
7 – Minnesota
1 – Royals

WP – Frank Viola (6-8)
LP – Mark Gubicza (6-5)

Viola shut us down except for back-to-back doubles in the first by Wilson and McRae.

-
The Mariners (27-35; 5th) traded their starting second baseman Jack Perconte to the Braves for backup 1B/OF Gerald Perry and a minor league outfielder. Danny Tartabull takes over as the every day second baseman.

The Angels lost SP Mike Witt for the next year. Torn Rotator Cuff. He was 4-2 with a 2.09 ERA. Looks like Bob Kipper is taking his spot in the rotation.

I don't know if I should trust him or not, but Buddy Biancalana is hitting .295 and has an .801 OPS. I think I'm going to get him a few more at bats against Mariners, who are up next.

-
My record 29-35; 3rd; - 3.5 games behind Chicago
Real Life: 33-31; 3rd; 2.5 games behind Chicago

Last edited by so49as; 04-05-2019 at 05:11 PM.
so49as is offline   Reply With Quote