View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 02:07 PM   #43
webrian
Minors (Triple A)

You are DOING it, man!

I love the moves you've made, especially getting Dave Collins from Oakland. That's kinda outside-the-box thinking that still makes total sense and seems to be working out. Maybe I just got too fixated on Lonnie Smith.

If the Rangers are the only team you've got to worry about, then you can cruise to the AL West title. Their pitching is bad and they're heading for a late-summer swoon, as so many Texas teams did back then.

I'm surprised neither the Angels nor the Athletics are putting up much of a fight in the division. In real life, the Angels took the Royals all the way to the last day of the season. In a few of my sims, the Athletics ran away with the division.

You've taken a patient, focused approach and it's starting to pay off. You didn't get discouraged when a lot of other people might have.

The injury to Jackson is a bummer, but if you can get, say, 3 innings from Gura and then another 2 or 3 from Huisman, then you've put together a normal start. If the two of them give up only 4 runs or less in 6 combined innings, you could maybe go .500 or better in those starts until Jackson gets back.

This is getting fun!
webrian is offline   Reply With Quote