Thread: New features!
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 01:05 AM   #311
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by klkitchens View Post
Agreed... but I wasn't the one to bring up "closed mindedness" either.

Very cute and highly rude your reply.

outside of your mind you're not the be all end all of definition declaration. I'm not getting blue in the face from stating the clear truth that "The Show" is, without any reasonable dispute, an arcade style game, by the classic and unchanged definition. as some have suggested, it does have a simulation mode as well... but the simulation mode does not allow the gamers to control the movements and actions of the players on the screen. That is reserved clearly for the arcade mode. The facts are completely on my side in this matter.

I'm really sorry you don't get it and feel this need to intentionally divorce yourself from reality...

But as you've said it was your last post on the subject, I'm sure the rest of the community doesn't want to see you continue to embarrass yourself on the issue, so it's probably for the best.

Now that this is settled, let's focus on OOTP in the OOTP forum and not debate some other arcade game.
Im just going to say one thing.... I guess playing actual baseball is "arcade" too because the players have direct influence of the outcome, right? Whether im playing or not, what is the difference if the gameplay and stats are both realistic? IDC if your argument is that Im influencing the game, because even if I set it to CPUvsCPU the game could play out the same exact way.

The fact of the matter is, you can play MLB: The Show with an arcade or simulation mindset, but the game itself was designed to play out in a realistic manner.

Again, playing it out CPUvsCPU could result in the exact same gameplay is if it was USERvsCPU, but there are sliders in the game to make it both arcade AND a sim. I could point you to Operation Sports so you can have this debate with everyone over there.
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote