View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 08:01 AM   #1
OzzyOz23
Minors (Single A)

Heaven: My Random Debut League

League Settings

After spending far more years than I care to admit lurking on this board, I recently decided to contribute more to this wonderful community by posting with increased frequency. Although I have never written a Dynasty Report before, I enjoyed reading those written by others. Inspired by OOTP XX coming around the bend, and feeling some burnout from PT after being submerged in it hook, line, and sinker, I've decided to create a new Random Debut League save that I will post about. I've only tried this type of league once prior, and didn't get too far with it due having more interest in other types of league projects . However, I have always been intrigued by the idea and recently felt the need to scratch that itch.

Before beginning, I'd like to thank actionjackson & David Watts, who unbeknownst to them, provided me a framework from which to approach this project. Integrating suggestions they provided in threads throughout the forum was crucial towards getting this project off the ground. I mixed in many elements that I felt critical towards making me invested. On to the league set-up :

TCR - 110
Batter/Pitcher Aging - 90
Batter/Pitcher Development - 110
Trading - Hard/Neutral
Recalc - Off
OOTP Development Engine - On
Coaching - Off
Stat Settings - 1984
League Settings - 1969 (1x2x6)

I made slight changes to the divisions to align better geographically & decided I prefer keeping the Expos in D.C. as the Nationals.

AL East - BAL, BOS, CLE, DET, TOR, NYY

AL West - CAL, CHW, KCR, MIN, OAK, SEA

NL East - ATL, CIN, NYM, PIT, PHI, WSH

NL West - CHC, HOU, LAD, SDN, SFG, STL

After 2 - 3 seasons, I will likely expand, with Montreal and Denver entering the N.L.& Phoenix and Milwaukee coming to the A.L.

Last edited by OzzyOz23; 03-05-2019 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Edited for clarity from I- Phone
OzzyOz23 is offline   Reply With Quote