View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 07:53 PM   #49
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
How are your league wide stolen base numbers? Are you using the lock totals feature instead of my method? My method will get you the results you're looking for as you can see here. I use Normal for stolen bases and everything turns out great including stolen base percentage (which was somewhere around two thirds success rate IRL 1984). You should be getting a lot of stolen bases with 1984 settings. After all, Rickey Henderson and Tim Raines played back then, and there was a lot of thievery going on. As italyprof said, set stolen bases to normal, and use my method, and you'll get lots of SB. 1892 SB in MLB against 918 CS, so definitely it can be done. Check your settings.

EDIT: I had 35 players steal 20 or more bases. 14 stole 30 or more bases. 8 stole 40 or more bases. 6 stole 50 or more bases. 2 stole 60 or more bases, and Ed Delahanty topped out with 76. It can be done using my method of madness.
In my best season (when I adjusted to often) I averaged 92 stolen base attempts per team vs 174 per IRL1984. Percentage wise I am in the ballpark with a 72% success rate. I do not have lock stats checked, but auto adjust for accuracy is checked.

When I get to the day before opening day when I set the "totals from year" to 1984 I was wondering if you adjusted the SB attempts (I see .090 there when I set it) or SB success % (1.164).
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote