View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 09:48 PM   #12
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by splantiago View Post
I'm like positive i'm following these directions correctly but I can't get the MySQL stuff to work. (first time commish)

This is what i'm getting:

Please wait...
Command: tar xzf '/home/users/web/b2545/moo.visualsyncopationcom/OOTP/Reports_Directory/reports.tar.gz' 2>&1: Successfully unpacked the reports.tar.gz file...

Database Connect Error: 2002 : Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

Help?
Your webhost's server is using something other than "localhost" to connect to the database. You should contact them and ask them what it is and replace "localhost" with the appropriate "Database host name" in OOTP12's "Create php server script files" page. Your webhost should be able to troubleshoot this easily for you as it's a basic necessity for anyone using mySQL.

Alternatively, you can look at a database config file for another installation of something you have on the same server to see how it's configured. For example, if you have a PHPBB 3 installation on your website, download the config.php file and open it with a text editor. It should show the database host name. You can copy that and paste it into "Database host name" in OOTP12's "Create php server script files" page.

Asahi2 Baseball ex-Commissioner(Historical League Since 2004)
www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)
f.montoya is offline   Reply With Quote