View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 12:09 AM   #35
bigtrouble77
Minors (Double A)

Very nice. Looks like the 3 of us are kind of going our own paths. Excited to see how we all progress. I know I would just love to see this added functionality to TBCB.

I've recently started a web based management app... The management aspect is being written in ruby and will allow for anyone to create an account and generate a universe. I have not begun the actual simulation, but that will be handled on the front-end via javascript and canvas. That engine will be completely decoupled so anyone could use it. I've done some POCs so I know the direction I want to take it. I will also be open sourcing the whole project when it's mature enough. It will not be dependent on TBCB.

Conceptually, what I'm putting together is going to be completely different than what TBCB is. You will be essentially walking into an organic, self sustainable universe and either act as God or just watch things evolve... So it gives you complete flexibility on how you want to play it... you can take over an individual sim's decision making (like a trainer or promoter) and make a game out of it, or just have fun tweaking things (like adding/manipulating game events) and see what happens. The sim will not have any constraints except for a fog-of-war similar to Championship Manager. My goal is to have a nature vs nurture concept- you can have two identical sims that have drastically different careers based on their experiences.

Initial Engines:
- Sim Generator (fighter/manager/trainer) - no promoter
- Scheduler/Management Engine - the two will be tightly coupled
- Fight Simulation Engine - handles the AI, in fight events, machine learning, etc.
- Canvas Based Graphic Engine (similar to TBCB side view but also with a top down view showing fighter coordinates- a la TV Sports Boxing)
- Simple Stat Engine
- Events System - backbone of the whole app, acts as the glue to bring all of the components together.

Future Enhancements:
- Scouting abilities
- Financial System - don't want to focus on this right away
- Advanced Sim Generator
- Reporting Engine (think newspaper reports)
- Advanced Stat Engine
- much later, but some sort of social component to merge universe's, create tournaments, etc.

Last edited by bigtrouble77; 04-02-2011 at 12:13 AM.
bigtrouble77 is offline   Reply With Quote