View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 12:22 PM   #1
ctorg
Global Moderator

Best way to back up a league?

This is something I've been kind of struggling with. I'm running a fast-paced league that is quickly piling up seasons. I'm 16 seasons in now, and I back it up at the end of each one by using WinRAR to archive the contents of the league folder. Well, it's becoming a longer and longer process, and I plan on simming though at least another 50 years before I take over a team. By that time, it will probably take quite a while to back things up.

I've noticed that most of the time goes into backing up the plethora of small text files that the game tends to generate over time. It seems redundant to keep backing up the same files again and again when they haven't change. For instance, since I have backed up 16 years, I have 16 backups of the first year's transaction files.

Does anyone know of a non-tedious way I can create backups of only files that have changed since the last time I backed up? It would make things much faster, I believe.

"When the trees blow back and forth, that's what makes the wind." - Steven Wright

Fjord emena pancreas thorax fornicate marmalade morpheme proteolysis smaxa cabana offal srue vitriol grope hallelujah lentils
ctorg is offline   Reply With Quote