View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 11:26 PM   #7
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The next episode of Everyone Loves The La Crosse Fighting Frogs (starring Ray Romano wearing "frog face") airs this week!

The Frogs have been placed ever so gently on the lily pad that is P448. There aren't as many familiar faces compared to last week, but we'll ribbit along sanguinely nonetheless.

Notable teams at first pass, that is, teams with shiny eye-catching PL titles that I can quickly gloss over--the Durham El Toros (3 titles) are in the AC West; the Amberg Legends (2 titles) share the NC West with said Frogs (2 titles); the Asbury Springboks (1 title) and Auburn Doubledays (1 title) coexist harmoniously in the AC East; the Summit Dirigibles (1 title) have the AC Central mostly to themselves; and the Michigan Stags (1 title) are in the NC Central. That's a total of 11 titles so it's not the strongest league ever but should make for good, wholesome competition. I estimate that the Frogs' worst-case scenario this week would be a Wild Card berth, but hopefully that's not a jinx. I owe myself a Coke!

No really amazing changes to the roster from last week to this week, except I'll get the first full week from 100 Ripken, 99 Berra, and 92 Rose--these fellows were all obtained from packs last week. Last week, they were just tadpoles, now we'll see how much they've grown.

Partly due to the acquisition of the aforementioned players, the Frogs find themselves with a bit more offensive firepower than usual. Accordingly, in a really Earth-shattering development the Frogs have upped their HR ballpark factors from .900 to .910 for this week. Massive! I feel like apologizing to my pitching staff, but maybe we generate a little bit more revenue with double dingers and so forth.

Lastly, on a somewhat poignant note, I notice that there are only 4 members of the "original" championship team from 2032 still on the active roster. Hurler CC Sabathia, infielders Lou Boudreau and Johnny Pesky, and designated hitter Harry Heilmann. The likes of Tim Raines, Dennis Eckersley, Garry Maddox, Richie Ashburn, Nomar Garciaparra, Mike LaValliere, and Tony Gwynn are all manning the reserve roster at this point. So poignant!

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote