View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 04:25 PM   #4
Izz
Hall Of Famer

The 'Glou finished last season 71-91, which was well out of the relegation zone so we're now in our 11th straight week in perfect.

I did some mega retooling (both roster and strategy) before the start of this season. Here is the roster to start this season (once again, I've thrown defense out the window!):

Jason Kendall, Rod Carew, Jesse Burkett, and Gary Sheffield get called back into the team, while Bill Madlock and Matty Alou are getting their first opportunity to strut their stuff. You'll also notice I've gone with a 4-man rotation, and am focusing on stuff and control, rather than stuff and movement.

I'll be interested to see how we go over the course of the season (and I expect to make a few bullpen changes along the way - even though I play in a low-homer park, low movement is definitely gonna bite me on the butt a lot). We've started off hot, with an 8-2 record, though we've also been pretty lucky to win our 4 extra-inning games and all 4 one-run games. Our division isn't particularly strong, so that might help us out.

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote