Thread: Strangeverse
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 11:27 PM   #274
pauwoo
Hall Of Famer

2076 Season (5/27)

Minnesota Timberwolves (17-28, .378, 6th NL West) @ Los Angeles Lakers (29-17, .630, 1st NL West), Game 2.
After last nights 10-2 victory over the T’Wolves we are 4-0 against them so far this season – and it’s been a dominant 4-0 as we have posted a +18 rDiff against them during that stretch. Of course, we’ve only played them four times – so, weak sample size. With that being said, however, it’s difficult to see/understand what Shawna’s actual plan for her stolen club is. There really doesn’t seem to be an actual plan – unless putting together a collection of stiffs & selling wolf tickets to the citizens of Minneapolis is the plan.

But first… Sad news out of Jacksonville – Luc Felix, a guy who dominated the 2075 post-season will miss the remainder of the tricentennial season due to a torn flexor tendon in his elbow. He’d posted a 5-3 record and 2.41 ERA so far for the defending champion & current #1 power ranked team in the AL (Philly owns that designation for the MLB – and the La La’s own the #2 spot). Felix is one of the MLB’s superstars – so the Major League galaxy of stars will be a little less bright until someone surprises us all and shines a light into that void. Essentially, what this really means is that the chances of a repeat championship for the Jags are slim to none. And that sucks for them.

Name:  47 Felix.PNG
Views: 166
Size:  53.0 KB

47 of 162: Morton Bradley (1-4, 4.66) @ Dejuan Burns (5-3, 3.18)
Win, 2-0
… Minnesota registers 4 hits in the top of the 1st – a shaky start for Dejuan – but failed to get anything across, while we draw a walk in our first AB (Newman), follow that up with a K on a bad pitch (Ethan), and then hit into a DP (thanks, Otto). Our first hit of the game was a triple, courtesy of Larry Williams – nothing doing though as we couldn’t get him across. This went on for a bit until Pepper gets us on the board with a run-scoring single in the bottom of the 4th… Marshburn gets us another in the very next at-bat, and that’s pretty much where we leave it. Burns goes 7 innings with 5 K’s and no earned runs, Merl gets his 6th hold (he’s starting to put things together – which is nice to see), and Barbaccia gets save #18 in a top of the 9th where he throws 23 pitches, gives up a hit, and registers all three out by K (all looking too – how do you make a backward K on the keyboard? You should be able to do that – baseball is life). Otto finished 0 for 4 with 2 K’s and Pepper went 1 for 2 with an RBI, a walk, and a K. We’re now 5-0 against these clowns – with this win being our only shutout among them.

Name:  47 Win.PNG
Views: 184
Size:  188.6 KB

City of Compton – our AAA affiliate is 16-30, stacked with prospects that are starting to look like bad decisions, meh, I don’t want to talk about it. I am pretty psyched about Rajkumar Kosciusko though – the 22-year-old former OSU Beaver is hitting .333 with 5 homers and 29 RBI. He also has a +1.2 ZR and 3 fielding errors, 4 outfield assists, and one DP (Ethan Mullens, our only other outfielder with a DP leads our program with 2 so far this season). So, he still has some work to do in Compton.

Name:  47 Rajkumar.PNG
Views: 160
Size:  110.2 KB

About that UAA loss… they got shutout, y’all. SP Rasheed Paez (so-so prospect – projecting to be a backend of the rotation or bullpen type of guy) pitched an absolute gem for the University of Kentucky. He got 7 K’s to go with his complete-game shutout – stakes were high, kids a gamer. He’ll be in the upcoming draft, so, I’ll go ahead an add him to the watch list – might take a flier out on the young man.

Name:  47 NCAA.PNG
Views: 152
Size:  184.5 KB

Note... I'm toying around with the idea of going game by game as my complete lack of patience had inadvertently led to me missing some of the goings-on around Strangverse - like this for instance... Philly has only lost 9 total games so far, the next closest team has lost 17 (Hey! that's the La La's). So, I'm thinking that the game by game approach will allow me to sort of kick the can around a little bit and find some cool stuff around the leagues. I'm sure that I'll get impatient quickly and go back to the series by series flow I've been stuck on for a while - dunno, just seeing how it goes.

the Portland Pioneers | the Los Angeles Leopards

Last edited by pauwoo; 08-01-2019 at 11:35 PM.
pauwoo is offline   Reply With Quote