July 16th LA W 6-5
July 17th LA W 8-0
July 18th SF L 10-5
July 19th SF L 3-1
July 20th SF L 8-5
July 22nd SD W 9-2
July 23rd SD L 5-4
July 24th SD L 6-4

July 13th I make a decision with Ben Rivera and move him to the SF giants for AAA starter Solomon Torres and Minor League catcher Juan Rubio. I call up RHP Bobby Munoz to take Ben Riveras place.

July 14th Before the game Mariano Duncan and Doug Jones agree to one year extensions on their contract.

Looking to get off to a good start in the 2nd half I start Roger Clemens. He pitches well going 6 innings giving up 2 runs striking out 10 however the offense leaves 17 men on base. Kruk his 10th homer of the year.

July 15th After falling behind 3-0 we manage to catch up to the dodgers in the 8th on a 2 run double by kevin stocker. Schilling gives up 11 hits over 7 but manages to keep us in the game. We lose the battle of the bullpens when David west gives up 3 runs in the top of the 12th. Matt Manteni RHP gets injured with a ruptured disk in his back and will be out till next year. I call up RHP Joe Borowski from AAA to replace him.

July 16th We manage to jump out to a 6-0 lead after 7 innings. Danny Jackson pitches 7 shutout innings for win number 7. Larry Andersen and D Jones give up 5 runs to make this easy game hairy.

July 17th Jim haley pitches 7 shutout innings for his 4th win of the year. Eisey hits 2 homers and drives in 4. Kruk foes 3 for 5 with 3 rbis.

July 18th I make a trade with the Marlins Swapping Beneard Gilkey and Heathcliff slocumb for Gary Redus.

July 18th We are able to hang with the giants till the 7th. Darren Daulton hits a 2 run homer off fromer philly Ben Rivera in the 1st inning. Bobby Munoz dosen't fare well going 4 innings giving up 4 runs. Giants score 5 runs in the top of the 7th 4 of them off Authur Rhodes who takes the loss. Philly killer Barry Bonds goes 4 for 6 with 3 rbi's against us.

July 19th Another Solid Start by R Clemens as he goes 7 innings giving up 3 runs however he takes his 6th loss of the year.

July 20th We get swept by the giants who nail us with a 5 run 6th. Billy Swift his a Grand Slam Home of Schilling to seal our fate. Gary Redus and Kruk homer.

July 21st After falling behind 2-0 the offense scores 9 unanswered runs to back Danny Jacksons 8th win of the year. Mickey Mo hits 2 homers and knocks in 6 to lead the way.

July 22nd 4 errors by the phillies defense doom us. Jim haley gives up 4 runs(1 earned) over 7 and gets his 2nd loss. We pound out 11 hits but leave 14 men on base

July 23rd Bobby Munoz has a short start only going 2 innings giving up 4 runs. We fall behind 6-2 after 3. Hollins hits his 11th homer of the year and Wes Chamberlin hits a pinch homer his 3rd but its not enough.
Ajt1978 is offline   Reply With Quote