View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 02:17 AM   #4
Mrdavid445
Minors (Single A)

Two New Openings

Just completed the 2023 season, with the Miami Marlins (!?) winning the World Series. Two GMs have decided to step down due to lack of time, so we're looking for 2 GMs who can step in. The two teams...

Oakland A's
After making the playoffs in 3 of 4 seasons, the A's missed the playoffs last year despite winning 86 games, and only won 80 games this season. However, the A's were run very well by their previous GM, and for a small market team, they have a lot of financial flexibility (over 50 million). Their farm system is ranked 7th according to OSA.

Pittsburgh Pirates
People didn't really expect them to make the playoffs, but they did just that, then beat a 100 win Dodgers team in the NLDS, before being eliminated in the NLCS to the Marlins. They have a little financial flexibility, but not a lot. Their farm system is 17th according to OSA but closer to top 10 in my annual personal farm rankings. The NLC has been on the weaker side, so there's no real powerhouse who is winning the NLC every season.

We're a very active league with a great group of GMs. You can find links to reports and house rules in my previous posts in this thread. If interested, please email me (445mrdavid@gmail.com)

Thanks