View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 03:51 PM   #78
professordp
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by a87star View Post
Prof,

I have a lot of respect for the DB team but there are quite a few guys IMO who have really underrated chins.....especially among the journeyman types.
When I come across one of these guys, I make what I feel is an appropriate revision. But I agree with you---you really have to respect the efforts of the team. The times that they've been off base in their assessments are very rare. That's really some track record when you consider all the thousands of ratings that they've compiled.

The problem with the journeymen, who are generally the focus of my thread, is that you don't have all that much to go on. Guys like Joe Louis, Ali, Duran, etc. are pretty easy (at least in my view) since you have books, articles, and fight films galore.

I personally get a kick out of going through old boxing magazines, searching the Internet, and pouring over BoxRec to see what I can find out about these fighters who never made it to the top tier. Almost all of them have very interesting personal stories. And you always have to remember that the superstars would have never become superstars without the journeymen! You can't have a decent boxing simulation without these guys!!

And by the way, thanks for tuning into my thread and sharing your views

Last edited by professordp; 04-11-2010 at 03:53 PM.
professordp is offline   Reply With Quote