View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 07:10 PM   #7
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap View Post
Seems like at one point, not so long ago, there were several more AUs posting here. Looks like we may be the last of a dying breed, eh. Hope there are still a lot more playing the game and just not posting their alternate unis than what we see here.

Paul Norman missed his big chance a couple of years ago when boxing was still a hot niche sport. He could have made money off a carefully crafted pro boxing sim when the Klitschkos were kings and the sport was big in Europe and still drawing good attendance figures in North America...

Cap
I have not played TBCB in years and have not visited this part of the forum in years. But Friday or Saturday night I was flipping channels and watched a little of some bout put on by that PBC organization, and that started me thinking about the game and this forum.

General disgust at the way Mr. Norman botched the game (was it called TBCB 2013?) and did nothing since then has kept be away. Away from the game--even the 2.5 version, which was relatively stable and playable--and this forum.

I have not read The Ring in years.

I have a fictional universe and a historical universe going in TBCB 2.5. I don't know if I will bother with continuing either.

I will never understand why he acquired the franchise if he didn't plan to do anything with it. Anyway I'm too old to worry about it or care.

As they say, "it is what it is."
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote