View Single Post
Old 05-20-2019, 10:31 PM   #438
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 22nd, 1987

Today the Dodgers are throwing Bob Welch (2-1, 2.45).

The Giants have Bruce Ruffin (3-0, 2.31).

I have gone 4 for 14 vs Welch.

L.A. struck in the top of the 1st when Steve Sax crossed on a Candy Maldonado single.

Dodgers lead 1-0

I opened our half by putting one through the left side for a single. Stolen base #13. I tried to go to 3rd on a Mike Aldrete fly ball but Maldonado gunned me down.

I got the 1st out in the 3rd off a Tim Wallach grounder.

I came up in the bottom half with two out and Ruffin on 1st. I flew out to Maldonado in left.

In the 4th we evened things up when Chili Davis scored on a Rob Deer sac fly.

Game tied 1-1

In the 6th I started a Priske - Grich - Aldrete double play to get Wallach and Dave Winfield. I then made a nice play and a Darrell Evans screaming grounder for the final out.

I went from that to leading off the bottom half with a single up the middle. I went to 3rd on an Aldrete single and then scored on a Chili infield single.

Giants lead 2-1

I came up in the 7th with two out and Bobby Grich on 2nd. I dropped one into centre for an RBI single! I ran into pitch out to end the inning.

Giants lead 3-1

In the 8th we got Wallach and Winfield again with a Priske - Grich - Aldrete double play.

In the bottom half Chili scored on a Chris Brown single.

Giants lead 4-1

With one out in the 9th Scott Garrelts took over. He got one out but allowed two base runners so Nestor went to Dennis Eckersley. He got the final out for the save.

Great game for Bruce and a pretty nice game for me! I went 3 for 4 with an RBI, a run scored, and a stolen base. I am back to .250

We are back ahead of the Reds.

Tomorrow is a travel day as we are heading to Atlanta.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote