View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 07:03 AM   #432
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 15th, 1987

Today the Giants are pitching Willie Fraser (0-0, 0.00), in his season debut.

The Padres are using Bob Patterson (1-0, 3.38).

I have gone 0 for 2 vs Patterson.

I led off the game by making that 1 for 3 as I singled to left. Stolen base #6. Stolen base #7. I then scored on a Mike Aldrete sac fly.

Giants lead 1-0

In the bottom half the Pads loaded the bases but I handled an Ozzie Guillen grounder to stop them from scoring.

I came up with two out in the 3rd and grounded out to Glenn Hubbard at 2nd.

In the bottom half I took a Kevin McReynolds grounder for the 3rd out.

In the 4th both Aldrete and and Chili Davis scored on a Bob Brenly single.

Giants lead 3-0

In the bottom half we ended the inning with a nice Priske - Giles - Aldrete double play to get Hubbard and Carmelo Martinez.

I came up with one out in the 5th and got my 2nd hit, a single through the right side. Stolen base #8 (despite running on a pitch out). I advanced to 3rd on an Aldrete fly. I scored on a Chili RBI single. Chili later scored on a Rob Deer single.

Giants lead 5-0

I came up in the 6th with one out, Brian Giles on 2nd and Willie on 1st. Tim Belcher was pitching. I worked a walk to load them up. Mike also walked, forcing in a run. Chili doubled and we all scored. Chili scored on a Steve Stanicek ground ball.

Giants lead 10-0

I came up in the 7th with two out, pinch hitter Tom O'Malley was on 3rd and Giles was on 2nd. Gregory Sillivent was pitching. I struck out.

In the bottom half we got our second Priske - Giles - Aldrete double play to get Tony Gwynn and Randy Ready.

In the 8th Steve Stanicek launched a solo homer.

Giants lead 11-0

In the 9th Willie added to the fun by pushing O'Malley across with an RBI single. I came up with two out and WIllie on 1st. Mark Williamson was pitching. I grounded out to Torey Lovullo at 1st.

Willie got through the 9th and his first appearance of the season was a complete game shut out!

I went 2 for 5 with a walk, 3 runs scored, and 3 stolen bases!

Tomorrow is an off day as we head home to face the Braves.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote