View Single Post
Old 04-22-2019, 09:42 PM   #427
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 10th, 1987

The Giants are pitching unheralded newcomer, Dave Miller. The Dodgers are going with vet Joe Niekro.

I have gone 5 for 11 vs Niekro.

I kicked off the game by grounding out to Steve Sax at 2nd.

In the bottom half I handled a Candy Maldonado grounder for the 2nd out and a Tim Wallach grounder for the 3rd.

In the 2nd we opened the scoring when Bob Brenly crossed on an Alan Cockrell single. Later Alan scored on an error.

Giants lead 2-0.

Things went bad for Dave in the 2nd. He gave up three hits before walking Franklin Stubbs with the bases loaded. Then Dave Winfield scored on a Mariano Duncan sac fly. Sax walloped a two out, three run homer.

Dodgers lead 5-2.

I led off the 3rd by working a four pitch walk. Chris Brown hit into a double play.

I came up next in the 5th with one out, Alan on 2nd, and Bobby Grich on 1st. I took a curveball off my elbow. It stung. The trainer came out and had a look, but I told him I was fine. Chris singled, scoring Alan. Chili singled and Bobby scored. I tried to score as well, but was thrown out at home. Both Chris and Chili scored on a Steve Stanicek double.

Giants lead 6-5.

Mark Davis took over on the mound for us. He got one out and then Nestor went with Mark Clear. He walked Maldonado he later scored on a Wallach single.

Game is tied 6-6.

After Mark gave up a one out double, Nestor switched to Scott Garrelts. We got a Grich - Priske - Cockrell double play to bail him out.

I came up with one out in the 7th, now facing Luis Aponte. I took another walk. I was immediately thrown out trying to steal.

Jeff Robinson took the mound after that.

Chili lead off the 8th with a solo homer.

Giants lead 7-6.

I came up with one out in the 9th. Grich stood on 1st and Tom Niedenfuer stood on the mound. I flew out to Maldonado in left. After Bobby made it to 2nd on a Chris Brown single, Nestor brought in Brian Giles as a pinch runner. It paid off as he scored on a Chili single.

Giants lead 8-6.

Dennis Eckersley came in to close things out and three batters later he had down exactly that.

I went 0 for 2 with two walks, a hit-by-pitch, and a caught stealing.

I am off to a terrible start.

We, however, are in a three way tie for first in the NL West, with the Reds and Dodgers.

After Alan Cockrell had a decent day, he was sent right back down with Scott Bradley coming back up.

What is going on?

Apparently John Rabb will now be our first baseman.

````````````````````````````````````````

Last edited by rpriske; 04-25-2019 at 11:27 PM.
rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote