Thread: 2019 Cardinals
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 03:14 PM   #19
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I started my run with the beta rosters and it is beginning to bother me. I may start over with the new patch next week. I am considering a couple of changes if I do.

One of the things that bother me about the opening roster is the open spots on the 40-man. I understand why it is done and the AI will fill theirs soon enough. But it gives me a big advantage because I can get an extra option on every Memphis player that I don’t need. So I am considering filling my roster to match the real opening 40-man.

The second thing is a doozie. I believe that MLB should adopt the DH in the National League because interleague play is here to stay and it is safer for the pitchers. I like using it in OOTP because I think It helps the AI manage its bullpen. (This would be even more true if the AI can ever be taught to stop bringing in relievers for one batter with no platoon advantage to be gained.) Therefore, I am considering turning it on for the NL in 2018 which would make my league more fictional than most (a good thing IMO). Carpenter would be my DH. The only thing stopping me is that I like managing the NL style game, but I have historical leagues for that.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote