View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 08:59 PM   #29
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

This is really late in this age of tweets and yap talk but I've been meaning to come here all day to say this.

Last night's game was epic. I'm not talking about Stephen Curry lighting up the Knicks for 54 big ones (11 3's!), as awe-inspiring as that was. That young man was unconscious, stratospheric. One of the best basketball performances that I have ever seen.

But no. I am talking about the Knicks and how they fought back all night. My gosh, seeing a monster performance like that, it would have been easy to just ease back and let Curry have his way. Blowout loss, right?

Wrong. They kept battling back, answering Curry over and over again. They couldn't stop him but they ANSWERED him!

Chandler with 28 rebounds! 'Melo and J.R. pounding away with 35 and 26 points respectively.

What really got me was Felton, though. The guy was BURNED, over and over. Did he give up? No. No he did not.

Several times during the game, announcer Walt Frazier said, referring to Curry's rampage, "All they (the Knicks) need is one stop. One stop." He meant at the end of the game, if the Knicks could stay close. And he was right.

It would have been easy, natural for Felton to have curled up into a fetal position after all of those facials administered by Curry. Instead, he manned up, never gave up, and finally, FINALLY, stopped Curry twice, forcing a turnover and stuffing a shot.

And the Knicks won an epic battle.

I was more proud of this team at the end of this game than I have been of any collection of Knicks since the 1990's. Gosh, what a game. Thank God I tuned in.

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 02-28-2013 at 09:12 PM.
Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote