View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #37
mirrf
All Star Starter

Bobblehead promotion causes delay

"In all my years of baseball, I've never seen this." San Diego Padres announcer Chip Kellogg was quoted as saying. "I've seen games delayed because of rain, snow, power outages, even once a tornado, but never because of a give away."

The start of the San Diego Padres game had to be delayed 25 minutes to clean up debris thrown onto the field due to unhappy fans. The first ten thousand fans were promised to recieve a bobble head doll of local slugger John Smith, but a majority of those fans recieved a damaged goods.

San Diego fan Paco Juarez said, "I bought these tickets when the bobble head promotion was announced. Me and my boy got here an hour early to make sure we got one. As soon as we got to our seat, we opened them, and both of them were in pieces. When we went back to the gate, they were already out. I couldn't blame people for being upset. But I would have thought they had more common sense than to throw those heads onto the field."

John Smith tried to laugh it off. "It felt as if the stadium was filled with clones of my first wife. But in all seriousness, I'm just happy nobody got hurt."

Effect:
Fan loyalty drops

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrf View Post
Time is like a crystal pool in front of a mirror, wrapped in a fortune cookie. It is to be eaten, but the glass shards will burn brightest when coming out the back end.
mirrf is offline   Reply With Quote