View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 09:56 PM   #33
NatsToTheEnd
Bat Boy

Catcher Indicted for White Collar Crime
Padres catcher Joe Smith was served a Federal Indictment last Monday for participating in a scheme to defraud investors. Federal Prosecutors report upwards of $9 Million may have been stolen from people across the country. Smith continues to plead his innocence. “I know absolutely nothing about this,” the 31-year-old ballplayer said. “All I did was invest in McIntyre and Koch Holdings and next thing I know I’m posting bail.” Smith will go to court on the 17th in a preliminary hearing. If convicted, Smith could face years behind bars. But that won’t be an issue according to Smith’s high-dollar lawyer. “My client was defrauded by people who sought him and his wealth out and used him to harm others. Mr. Smith was used and it is disgusting that he, the victim, is being labeled as an accomplice to this heinous crime.”

Possible Effects:
• Suspension
• Release
• Greed Increase (to pay for defense)
• Retirement (may un-retire later)
• Conviction and forced retirement

Player Diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis
Indians 2nd baseman Joe Smith had been feeling under the weather for some time. His legs tingled, his arms ached, and at times his vision blurred and he had trouble seeing the ball. After encouragement from his wife, Smith went to see a doctor, who sent Smith to get an MRI done. The scan showed plaque located on Smith’s spine. The diagnosis: MS. “I had a feeling something was up, and I’m glad I saw a doctor when I did. I hope to play through this and stop when the doc tells me to.” Smith has seen his error percentage increase and his OBP fall over the last month, and the slump may be attributed to his disease. Indians General Manager held a press conference yesterday to confirm the team’s dedication to Smith. “We in the Indians Front Office will work to see Joe through this tough time and hope he can stick with us as long as possible.”

Possible Effects:
• Constant 5% Day-to-Day Injury
• Unforeseen time on DL
• Stat Drop
• Retirement

Star Outfielder’s Son Starts at Exclusive School
Today was a big day for Theodore Smith, son of Marlins third baseman Joe Smith. It was his first day of Kindergarten at the touted Miami private academy, Winthrop Acres. Theodore passed multiple aptitude exams in order to be accepted into the school, which has only 400 children over all 13 grades. “Today is such a special moment for Theo and I am just so proud,” said Smith. “When I got into being a parent I never imagined the love and joy that he could bring me and I’m just so delighted to see Theo go to a school that can cultivate his academic desires.” This experience, coupled with the Smith family’s recent purchase of a luxury penthouse, show just how committed a third baseman the Marlins have in Joe Smith.

Possible Effects
• Raises Loyalty
• Raises performance
• Raises Happiness

White Sox’s Smith attends Leadership Seminar
Some say it’s impossible to teach an old dog new tricks, but try saying that to 38-year-old White Sox first baseman Joe Smith. Smith, a 14 year veteran, attended a Chicago leadership conference last Sunday, hoping to hone his clubhouse skills. “I’m getting up there in age now and I want to make sure I can serve as a mentor to some of the young guys coming up,” said Smith, known league-wide for his fostering of young infielders. “I want to be able to more effectively pass down the knowledge I've obtained to the younger guys, so we all get to see some better ball.”

Possible Effects:
• Leadership Bonus
• Players under 21/recently promoted Performance bonus
• Higher Chance of Becoming Coach???
NatsToTheEnd is offline   Reply With Quote