View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 03:00 PM   #50
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbensel View Post
Completely understandable. My programming doesn't really extend much beyond SQL and perl, so I was hoping that "converting" ScoutingTracker into "new and improved" DevTracker wouldn't be too much work. Sounds like I'm wrong. No problem. I love DevTracker as a tool for understanding how ratings change over time, due to age, injury, and randomness. Thanks again for sharing it with the community!
Using the existing ScoutingTracker code to re-do DevTracker would probably be my best bet.

But I don't know if I'd want to use the .dat files or .csv's. The .csv's are easier, just because I know exactly what's in them, best ways to access them, etc. I can do that stuff on my own. The .dat files, I'm reliant on Tony M's .dat file reader. And while he did an excellent job with that, it's still an unknown to me.

For instance, something as simple as getting the league's name. With the .csv's, I can just look at leagues.csv. With the .dat reader... well, I don't even know how off the top of my head.

So I'd probably use the .csv's, but that eliminates online leagues. Which might be better, anyway, so I wouldn't have to incorporate another verification system like in ScoutingTracker.

I don't know. I'm rambling. We'll see. If I get bored, I'll look into it.