View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 03:50 PM   #38
clamel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SittingDuck View Post
Book is still out on the endurance calculation issue. However, here is a conversion of the docx into doc format for clamelmaniac.
Thanks Sir, now I can read it. It hurts sitting on an ole Office 2000 version, but I just got some sort of converter installed and BINGO that worked.

However I must ask on this SUPER DB....

Players that played in the majors are "tracked" back to their first year in the minors. So like very very young Angels OF-DH Juan Rivera itīs way back. Correct... ? The first two years he played as Catcher in Texas Rookie minors. Gambo starts him of 1996 as a Yankee ?
However it feels more correct, but what is the criteria for this. Rivera first played pro-ball in 1995-96 in Texas organization, but Gambo got him as a Yankee in 1996 as an OF.
I think Gambo got it correct but please tell me what made these decisions and how many are there.

Also in case of players making their Major League debut this year 2008, we have none of them in this DB.
I was wondering if they should be added since many started as Rivera many years ago in the minors. If I add them I need to add them BOTH in real csv-files AND neutralized csv-files (recalculated).
Am I correct. This way Jose Arredondo for one could be pitching in the majors in 2006 or 2007. In 2006 he pitches mostly as a starter in the minors but now he is a super reliever.

Perhaps something to add to the Gambo DB. After all the DB has first years in minors as KEY ingredience...

Whatever itīs a beauty of DB and something to build on.
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote