View Single Post
Old 06-03-2019, 12:31 AM   #14
DrTobiasFunke
Minors (Single A)

The Sidewinders fell in 6 games of D367 conference championships, so they will looking at their 11th diamond league season tomorrow. On the brightside, they have made the playoffs 4 of the previous 5 seasons and only finished under 86 wins once in the past 7, so we're definitely pounding on the door.

Pretty proud of the roster, as we only have 1 diamond player and still roster 5 silvers and a bronze. Team construction focusing on speed, defense and gap power has proven pretty effective.

Name:  2044p.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  78.7 KB

Pitching wise, the great knuckleballer experiment has worked more often than not (Except for the RA Dickey phase), while Satchel Paige has anchored the rotation. In relief, Frank Tanana and Vic Raschi have been pretty solid overall as stoppers, and with 5 starters in relief I haven't seen much evidence that I'm getting hurt by pitcher fatigue.

Name:  2044b.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  114.3 KB

As for the offense, I might not even need that one diamond card, as outside of golden glove awards, A-Rod has been a disappointment more often than not at 1st base. The adventures of George Vukovich continue as backup OF, albeit with much less playtime than his prime pre-diamond days. All together pretty happy with my FTP effort, and with some luck might get to see these guys relegated from a perfect league someday.
DrTobiasFunke is offline   Reply With Quote