View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 09:27 PM   #96
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 22nd, 1985

The Padres are going with Dave Dravecky (3-4, 5.43). We are sending up Mike Krukow (6-6, 3.19)

I have gone 0 for 3 vs Dravecky... and yes, I am back in the line-up.

I started things off by eliminating that o-fer, hitting a single to centre. I guess word is getting around because I tried to steal and was gunned down on a pitch-out.
Chili Davis knocked in Chris Brown to give us the lead.

Giants up 1-0.

I got the 2nd out of the Padres half, taking a grounder by Kevin McReynolds.

I led off the 3rd by dropping a ball into right for my second single. Brown singled behind me and John Kruk overran the ball in right, leaving us at 2nd and 3rd. I later scored on a grounder by Bob Brenly. Jeff Leonard scored Brown.

Giants up 3-0!

I came up in the 4th with two out and nobody on. Dravecky struck me out.

I got the 2nd out that inning, taking a pop-up by Terry Kennedy.

In the 5th Leonard plated Brown again!

Giants up 4-0!

Once again I got the 2nd out of the inning, taking a grounder from Ozzie Guillen. This time I also got the 3rd, snatching a liner off the bat of McReynolds.

I came up in the 6th with two out and Kenny Oberkfell on 2nd. I grounded out to George Hinshaw at 1st.

I got in the action right away in the bottom half, handling a Kruk grounder for the 1st out.

In the 7th with men on 1st and 2nd I took a grounder from Alan Wiggins to gun down pinch hitter Ron Roenicke at 2nd. A fielder's choice. Then Krukow balked, scoring Hinshaw from 3rd.

Giants lead 4-1.

After giving up a one-out walk in the 8th, Nestor lifted Krukow for Ron Davis. (He double switched with Terry Harper, bringing in Eddie Vargas to play right.) Ron got out of it.

I came up in the 9th, now facing Craig Lefferts, with none out and Vargas on 1st. I popped up to Hinshaw.

Ron Davis pitched a 1-2-3 9th and we won, 4-1.

34-33

I went 2 for 5.

After the game the club sent Brian Harper down to Phoenix and called Rob Deer back up.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote