View Single Post
Old 06-24-2017, 04:15 PM   #88
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 15th, 1985

The Padres are sending up Charlie Lea (4-3, 3.55). The Giants are answering with Terry Mulholland (3-5, 6.58)

I have managed one hit vs Lea, but it was in 7 tries.

The Padres have won 5 in a row.

In the 1st I caught a hard liner by Ozzie Guillen for the 2nd out. Nice play.

I led off our half by grounding out to George Hinshaw at 1st.

In the 2nd I took a grounder from Gerald DeSimone for the 3rd out.

I came up in the 3rd with none out and Mulholland on 1st.

I hit my second ever home run!!

Giants lead 2-0!

Apparently that took my head out of the game because in the 5th I should have had another DeSimone grounder, but I threw it away. Error. Luckily it didn't cost us.

That inning I came up with one out and Terry on 1st again and I popped up to DeSimone at 3rd.

At the risk of jinxing it, Terry is through 7 without giving up a hit. (He walked someone before I gave up the error so I didn't blow the perfecto.)

And jinx it I did. DeSimone hit a single in the 8th. (Past me, too. I should have had it.) He also los nth shut out that inning as Alan Wiggins hit a sac fly. I took a grounder from Guillen to end things.

Giants still up 2-1.

I lead off the bottom of the 8th, now facing Craig Lefferts, by taking a four pitch walk.
Chris Brown pinch hit for Oberkfell and hit into a double play... but Guillen muffed it! We were both safe! Chili flew out to centre and I moved up to 3rd. Then Bob Brenly hit a double and we both scored!

Giants up 4-1!

Terry got the 1st out before giving up a single to John Kruk and Nestor came out with the hook. Ron Davis in to finish things off... which he did quickly, for his 15th save.

Giants win 4-1!

And I hit a home run!

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote