View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 08:47 AM   #84
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 11th, 1985

We have Colin Ward (3-1, 1.66) going against Mike Payne (1-3, 4.15). Bounce back day!

And I started off the right way! I singled into centre to lead off the game! What was next? Stolen base #41 of course!
Payne got the next two to fly out but then walked both Rob Deer and Bob Brenly, pushing me to 3rd... before striking out Jeff Leonard.

The Braves were more successful. I started a Priske / Oberkfell / O'Malley double play to get Dusty Baker and Bob Horner but Brad Komminsk scored on the play.

Atlanta up 1-0.

I came up in the 2nd with one out and Kenny O on 2nd and Tommy O on 1st. I piddly little infield hit turned into a single to load the bags for the 2nd straight inning. Oh, apparently that was my 50th hit of the season. I should have more by now.
Chris Brown sac flied Kenny home to tie the game.

Game tied 1-1

In the 4th I came up with to out and nobody on. I flew out to Dusty Baker in left.

I was the middle part of a Ward / Priske / O'Malley double play to get Ben Oglivie and Rafael Ramirez out that inning.

After Colin gave up a double to Mike Payne in the 5th he was lifted for Pat Perry. (Colin has been pitching well but he doesn't have the stamina to go deep.) I made a superstar stop to throw out Komminsk for the 2nd out. Highlight reel play! I got Baker for the 3rd out to keep the game tied.

Perry was lifted for a pinch hitter so Scott Garrelts came in for the 6th. He gave up the lead on a lead-off homer by Bob Horner.

Braves up 2-1.

I led off the 7th by singling past Paul Zuvella at 2nd. I then scored on a hit & run double by Chris Brown.

Game tied 2-2.

The Braves loaded the bases that inning but a couple of nice plays by Chris Brown and myself stopped them from scoring.

In the 8th I came up, now facing Ken Dayley on the mound, with one out, Sixto Lezcano (who pinch hit for Tom O'Malley) on 2nd, and Brian Harper (who pinch hit for Scott Garrlets) on 1st. Three hits so far today but this time, a whiff. Neither pinch hitter stayed in as Eddie Vargas took over at 1st and Mark Davis took over pitching duties.

I got the 3rd out on the bottom half but taking a Zuvella grounder.

In the 9th, with two out, Davis walked Komminks and then Gerald Perry took him downtown for a walk-off 4-2 win for Atlanta.

Frustrating loss. We are down to 27-28.

On the plus side, I went 3 for 5.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote