View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 11:48 PM   #86
case
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I have a really (I think good and game enhancing) request. I would like there to be some way of knowing in game when a fielder makes a better than routine play.I noticed in some videos of gameplay that base runners slide occasionally. Do defenders dive for tough play balls? One of my main gripes with the ootp series is that there is little in the way of knowing when a defender makes an above average type defensive play. Because sometimes especially when subbing you would want to see if that great infielder you put in to replace a good hitter for the purpose of sealing a victory in the 9th with defense was justified. If you see him dive for a ball out of range and make the play then you know "hey that was a good idea to put him in the game".

This is not about having eye-candy, but rather an indication of what is happening on the field that confirms and affects decisions made by the manager. Actually I don't care if they slide, blink or just a symbol/letter above them, to indicate that the play they made was not routine. I just mentioned diving because I saw where they were already sliding and assumed if they slide-which conveys nothing pertinent to decision making-and a diving defender could convey vital information about the outcome of the play, then it would be useful. I don't like eye-candy for the sake of eye-candy and this is not that. Actually it dose not even need to be an on field graphic. If there was just small box on the screen that updates in realtime during the game that would list a players name and inning when he makes an above routine play, maybe you could click on it and get the exact situation, ie batter, base runners, putout numbers 4-6-3, etc. For me this is just as important information as any in baseball. It would also make awarding the "Golden Glove" more realistic and rewarding.
Please, is there some way of having something like this implemented in a patch update. Without it, it leaves a very important aspect of the game un appreciated.
Again could you please put it on your list of possible added features.

Last edited by case; 04-04-2017 at 11:50 PM.
case is offline   Reply With Quote