View Single Post
Old 11-17-2015, 12:03 PM   #35
Fishbreath
Minors (Double A)

Alrighty, I think I got it. There are a few issues remaining: sometimes, a few leftover games are scheduled at the end of the season, after most of the teams have finished playing, some structural/scheduling requirements will take a few tries to schedule, and a good bit of padding is required (a number of days on the order of 10% of the number of games for simple schedules with symmetrical structures, and on the order of 25%+ for very difficult schedules).

That said, I don't think any of those issues are worth blocking a release. My task list to wrap up this version is as follows:

1. Update documentation in the settings file to explain how options work now, since they've changed dramatically since the last release.
2. Improve home-away balancing. (Done)
3. Fix intra-day scheduling, so that games occur at different times through the day. (Done)
4. Fix sorting in the generated schedule file, and add blank lines or comments at day boundaries, so that the schedule can be shuffled by hand, if desired. (Done)
5. Move debug options behind a command-line flag, so as to generate less uninteresting output for people who aren't me. (Done)
6. Improve progress messaging, change the order of the schedule statistics currently displayed, add some statistics about the schedule generation process. (Done)

It may sound like a lot, but none of it should take all that long. Depending on how my free time this week shakes out, expect something this weekend, or possibly next week before Thanksgiving.

Last edited by Fishbreath; 11-18-2015 at 01:13 PM.
Fishbreath is offline   Reply With Quote