View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 09:45 PM   #57
stevem810
All Star Starter

Half of July is gone

After a pretty good month of June (14-11), preceded by an even stellar May (18-11), July has been tough on everyone around here. The new manager, well, he's not so new anymore, is trying to keep the team from becoming despondent. He talks to us all the time. Sometimes, privately, and other times before and after the games. We have won 3 of the past 5 games so maybe it is helping us.
I don't ever say this to anyone, except, maybe Alizée, but in a way I'll be glad when the season ends. Don't get me wrong, I love my team, the game of baseball as much as ever...maybe more, but, the travel and heavy schedule of games does wear me down. And, it's not just me. Many of the younger players seemed to struggle the most. Single A vet Harry Goudie has helped me a lot. I didn't even say anything to him, but, he came up to me yesterday and said, 'be cool, Julien, you are not the first player to adjust to Single A baseball. I was the same way." Somehow, just hearing that made me feel better. We need guys like that in the locker room. Harry is not a star player, by any means, but he does bring value to the team with his leadership.
Well, that's it for now.
Attached Images
stevem810 is offline   Reply With Quote