View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 03:06 PM   #50
traveller79
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Staying liquid seems to be the key to generating a consistent stream of revenue via flipping. As an experiment, I took a hands-off second-tier FTP team and focused on flipping as a means of generating PP. Within about two weeks I'd completed the Braves and ChiSox missions and then finished up the Padres shortly thereafter, partly by flipping and partly by buying up pieces and then immediately putting them up again at a massive % increase; you can always buy more components, and the more liquid you are, the greater your options. Completing missions efficiently demands the patience and discipline of a sniper.

And by then I was burned out on refreshing the auction house every half hour during the workday. Takes a special kind of patience to work the AH consistently, as you get nothing for hours or days at a time and then land a 30k+ score that makes your week.

Don't know that flipping will be as lucrative in next year's edition with corrected L7 and the huge influx of cards and deflationary effect that tournaments have provided, but QC's results and those of the top OL teams indicate how powerful it was for this year's iteration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
But the time consumption thing is a lot more easily managed when you're looking for several collections at once. I had a boatload of PP on hand for any given moment, and I was usually tracking at least 6 or more collections at a time. I found that the limiting factor when you really are going hardcore into collections is not the rate at which you find cards, but actually the rate at which people buy the SE cards you're selling. Doesn't matter how much you know the economy if you don't have any PP to use.

Last edited by traveller79; 12-10-2019 at 03:07 PM.
traveller79 is offline   Reply With Quote