View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 02:08 PM   #2
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by krpotter View Post
Hi there,
I'm having an issue in my standard game regarding waivers. I have built up a very strong team over the course of a decade. I am at the point where I am forced to place 2.5 to 3 star players on waivers at the beginning of the season to assign them to AHL.

They are on very friendly contracts, but no other team is claiming them. Even when I have to send them down during the regular season, they never get claimed. It makes for a great way to build a dynasty, but I'm struggling the lack of realism here. The other teams should be grabbing these guys, but they're not being touched.

Is this just my game? Or is there a setting I'm missing?
There's more factors than just a star rating that will determine whether or not a player gets picked up by other teams. How many contracts do other teams have? You said they are on good contracts, but does it work for other teams? Maybe they're tight to the cap. They may not have the players scouted so their rating may be different than yours. What's their point production like? Time On Ice? +/-? Etc?

Teams typically like to build or even make trades for players because it's something more they can control. It's possible teams are tight with Cap restraints themselves and/or at their limit for contracts so grabbing someone off waivers isn't always the best thing.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote