View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 09:02 PM   #37
sfnate
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
It was always possible to carry saves over to a new version. But with a closed system like Apple you need a 3rd party tool to copy the folders. It is some work but easily done if you want.
Apple locks down the core application files, but it does allow applications to create a "Documents" folder that can be accessed via iTunes. This has been true for a while. Earlier versions of iOOTP allowed users to access the game saves that were stored in the "Documents" folder, but beginning with MLBM, this access was lost or broken. Other apps (for example, Football Manager Mobile) allow users to access and add files to the "Documents" folder, and I assume MLBM could, too, if the developers wanted to invest a little time in figuring out how to do it. Unfortunately, the "solution" Sebastian describes requires you to jailbreak your device, which many of us are very reluctant to do.

Sadly, I think this is the year I give up on MLBM. Without naming names, I think it's pretty clear that OOTP needs to find someone who is actually motivated to make the game deeper and better, rather than doing a last minute fire drill to add a few random features. The way this has been handled this year has been, to say the least, very disappointing, and it's clear that OOTP doesn't take us seriously. I understand completely if you guys feel like you want to throw some more money at them this year, but don't consider it an investment in something better to come--at least until OOTP gets it sorted out and comes up with a real plan for future versions of the game. Right now, there's no plan, just chaos and indifference.

Last edited by sfnate; 03-23-2017 at 10:02 PM.
sfnate is offline   Reply With Quote